COVID 19 : Guidance for coaching sessions during phased return to activity
The information below outlines the steps we are taking to keep our players and coaches safe while following the latest Scottish Government , Sport Scotland and Scottish Hockey guidelines on public spaces, outdoor activity and exercise.
Additionally, we have undertaken a full Covid-19 risk assessment for our staff and athletes that will run in line with our other policies.
Please read the following guidelines carefully, and when you visit any of our hockey sites this will be adhered to ensure the rules of social distancing at all times.
Who can access 1-2-1 coaching sessions?
- Our sessions are open to anyone age 8 and older. We can offer this with social distancing for aged 12 to 18. Under 11’s do not have to socially distance at these sessions
- Due to the changes in the plans from the Scottish Government 13.07.20 we are now allowed groups on the pitch to play and train.
Hockey pitch access and general guidelines
Please follow the Government guidelines on travel when making journeys to and from the training sessions
- Avoid congregating at the entrances to the venue, please proceed directly to the relevant pitch and maintain your 2 metre distance at all times.
- Only come to the venue if you have a confirmed session booked and arrive at the time of your booking, not before and staff will be there to meet and register you as a player.
- Only players and coaches will be allowed on the pitch and there should be no spectators gathering outside the pitch (except one supervising parent / guardian) – Parents must not sit on the benches or touch the pitch side fence unnecessarily.
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- Follow guidelines on hand hygiene carefully. Hand sanitising gel will be available at pitchside but we strongly encourage you to bring your own. Hands should be washed before and after the session.
- Entry to the Club House/Indoor Facilties will be prohibited.
- Bring your own pre filled water bottle. Water facilities are available should you require them
- Equipment must not be shared between players and coaches; (with the exception of balls/cones; please see below).
- Please bring the minimum amount of equipment/kit with you and arrive ready to play and take all your belongings away at the end of your session.
- Use of the stands and any other outdoor seating is prohibited however, you may wish to bring your own fold-up chair (in the case of a parent/guardian supervising a child).
- Any clothing or equipment left at any of our sites for coaching will be removed safely and put into the rubbish bins.
- Please do not come to your session if you have a raised temperature, are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms, are self-isolating or living with individuals that are self-isolating.
- If you exhibit any signs or symptoms in the days following your session, please ensure you inform us in case we need to do any contact tracing.
During coaching sessions
- Each pitch will be divided into areas and 4 coaches will be attendance throughout the day
- Players should access the pitch the specified entrance, and proceed to their coaching area.
- A two metre distance between coach and player should be maintained at all times.
- Hockey balls/Cones will be provided by HPC Scotland Ltd and will only be handled by the coach.
- Balls and cones will be regularly disinfected at the end of the day
- Players should only touch the balls with their sticks.
- Please refrain from touching any other equipment (such as cones). Only coaches should handle these and will ensure that these are disinfected at the end of each day.
- Gates to the pitches must remain open at all times. Please avoid touching gates and adjacent pitch side fences.
- Preferably, please do not leave your equipment on the pitch side benches – please leave this beside your designated cone. The cones will be disinfected between sessions
If this guidance is not adhered to, the coaches have the authority to ask you to leave the premises for the safety of others and themselves.
Please work with us to ensure that the guidelines are being followed so that we can all be safe. We will review this guidance daily and make any necessary changes to ensure the safety of all participants
Additionally, we will continue to follow Government guidance and will be prepared to curtail or expand our activities at short notice should there be any changes to the Covid-19 situation.